The internet requires a lot from us. Take a break and come to The Hmm @ MU on Thursday 28 February, where we will scroll for you.
We scroll daily through a gigantic amount of images. We even communicate visually via popular apps such as Snapchat and Instagram. And moreover, everyone has become a creator nowadays. There is a lot happening in visual culture and The Hmm reflects on this. During super fast readings, 10 artists, designers, nerds and vloggers will share their fascination for the internet. For this first The Hmm evening of 2019, Catelijne van Middelkoop (Design Academy Eindhoven, Delft University of Technology and Strange Attractors Design) helped us to put together a surprising program.
- Joris Verleg talks about his project My First Vlog and how he found hundreds of almost the same pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge
- Hala Tawil explores the similarities between eating and sex (think #foodporn)
- Mees Boeijen answers the question: What exactly happens when you send a file?
- Soline Bredin investigates obsessive Facebook behavior
- Teun Toebes is a care vlogger
- Mikaela Stenfalk reconstructs museum rooms based on how often the artworks are shared on social media.
- More speakers follows soon!
More info The Hmm
When Thursday 28 February
Walk in 19:30. Starts 20:00.
Tickets €8 presale (via https://tickets.voordemensen.nl/thehmm) and €9 at the door.
Free voor We Are Public leden (limited tickets so reserve your tickets and mail firstname.lastname@example.org).