in cooperation with Databooth and STRP BIENNAL
Saturday, March 9, 11.00 – 15.00 h, MU
Always wanted to learn how to turn your own datasets into striking visualisations? That will be possible on Saturday, March 9 at MU where Sietse van der Meer (FIBER) and Heinze Havinga (SETUP/Left Foot Media) will be responsible for a workshop on datavisualisation. You will work with Give Me My Data, an application that exports data out of your Facebook account for reuse in visualizations or digital storytelling. Besides introducing those interested to the applications and technical aspects of data visualisation, the workshop will focus particularly on the artistic use of data.
This workshop at MU is open to everyone, but a basic knowledge of media, image processing (Illustrator, Photoshop) and internet would be very welcome. Participation in the workshop is easy to combine with a visit to the STRP Biennial and Ryoji Ikeda's performance Superposition in the Klokgebouw. Taking part in the workshop is free of charge on presentation of a STRP evening ticket. See strp.nl for tickets for Superposition.
- duration workshop: 4 hours
- participants: min. 6 – max. 15
- location: MU, Emmasingel 22, De Witte Dame, Eindhoven
- for whom?: students design, AV, mediadesign, designers.
- experience: familiar with Illustrator, Photoshop), basis knowledge of media/internet
- bring your own laptop, with this software:
Windows: Tableau / Excel, Calc (Open Office)
Mac: Excel, Calc (Open Office)
- admission: € 7,- or free on presentation of STRP Biënnale nigh ticket (incl Ryoji Ikeda)
For more information on this workshop and for signing up: mail email@example.com.